Dr. Worischeck is certified by the American Board of Urology. A native of Arizona, Dr. Worischeck returned to Arizona following his surgical training in St. Louis, Missouri. His first position was in the Department of Surgery at Maricopa Medical Center where he was the only urologist at the facility during his first two years of practice. Thereafter, he joined Casa Blanca Medical Group, a large multi-specialty group in the East Valley, until the group dissolved in 2000. He has maintained a reputable and thriving private practice since then.
Dr. Worischeck practices general urology and specializes in minimally invasive treatment of urologic conditions. He treats all forms of urologic disease. He identifies and partners with physicians in the region who make it possible to offer the latest in medical and surgical management of the various conditions seen in a urologic practice.
Dr. Worischeck has been recognized as a Top Doctor by "Phoenix Magazine." He has served on numerous executive and administrative boards, and continues to do so. He regularly speaks at programs designed to educate physicians in the care and treatment of urologic disease. He supports community outreach education programs as well.
Why did I become a doctor?
"Growing up, I greatly respected physicians' efforts to improve people's lives and reduce the effects of disease. My scientific mind sought a practical application."
What are your goals for your patients?
"To enhance the quality of life while maintaining or extending longevity. Our goal as a practice is to give the highest quality of care to our patients. We as a practice strive to provide our patients with a warm and friendly professional atmosphere. Our office team share enthusiasm, work ethic, and high standards."
Dr. Joseph Worischeck's primary goal as physician is to give the highest quality of care to his patients, doing what is in the best interest of you as his patient. Dr. Joseph Worischeck provides urologic services to adult patients. He is Board Certified and stays current with the cutting edge in urology. Dr. Joseph Worischeck is one of the few physicians in the Valley who specializes in Cryoablation Therapy of both the kidney and the prostate serving as a proctor to local and out of state physicians. Pioneering the cryosurgical procedure to the East Valley in 2003, he has performed prostate cryotherapy procedures and is considered one of the most experienced urologists in the Valley in Cryoablation procedures.
Of course, many other options in the treatment of prostate cancer exist. Dr. Worischeck assists patients in their efforts to determine the best treatment option for their personal needs. That list includes conventional prostatectomy, brachy therapy, Calypso, proton beam radiation and various methods of hormone manipulation to touch a few.
- Bob Jones University, Greenville, SC B.S., 1979
- University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ M.S., Magna Cum Laude, 1981
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, M.D., Cum Laude, 1987Training
- Saint Louis University Medical Center St. Louis, MOSurgical Internship, 1987-1988
- Saint Louis University Medical Center St. Louis, MOSurgical Residency, 1988-1989
- Saint Louis University Medical Center St. Louis, MOUrology Residency 1989-1991
- Saint Louis University Medical Center St. Louis, MOUrology Chief Resident, 1991-1992
- American Association Clinical Urologists
- America Associations Physician & Surgeons
- American Urologic Association
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Arizona Medical Association
- Arizona Urologic Association
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- The Society for Male Reproduction and Urology
- Phoenix Urologic Society
- Western Section, AUA
Medical Staff Leadership Positions/Professional Services
- 1986 Laison Committee on Medical Education
- 1986 Self-Study Task Force
- 1997 – 1998 Cancer Committee, Lutheran Health Network
- 1997 – 1998 Risk Management Committee, Casa Blanca Medical Group
- 1997 – 2007 Executive Committee, Maricopa Urology Lithotripsy, LLC.
- 1/98 – 5/00 Executive Committee, Casa Blanca Medical Group
- 1/98 – 12/99 Peer Review Committee, Casa Blanca Medical Group
- 1/98 – 5/00 Joint Policy Committee, Phycor
- 1/98 – 12/99 Director of Ambulatory Surgery Center, Casa Blanca Medical Group
- 1999 – 2001 Executive Committee, Arizona Prostatron Centers, LLC.
- 2001 – 2007 President, Maricopa Urology Lithotripsy, LLC
- 2001 – Present V.P., Ambulatory Surgery Center of Gilbert
- 2007 – Present Executive Committee Southwest Lithotripsy
Honorary Societies and Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1986
- Paul J. McBryan Distinguished Service Award, 1987
- Phoenix "Top Doc" (Phoenix Magazine), 1997
- Phoenix "Top Doc" (Phoenix Magazine), 1999
Bibliography of Dr. Joseph H. Worischeck
- Hagood PG, Mehan DJ, Worischeck JH, Andrus CH, and Parra RO: Laparoscopic Varicocelectomy: Preliminary Report of a New Technique. J Urol 147:73-76, 1992.
- Worischeck JH, Parra RO: Trasrectal Ultrasound in the Evaluation of Men with Low Volume Azoospermia. J Urol 149:1341-1344, 1993.
- Parra RO and Worischeck JH: Chronic Hematospermia: Assessment by Transrectal Ultrasound. Urology 43(4):515-520, 1994.
- Parra RO, Hagood PG, Worischeck JH: Laparoscopic Simple Cystectomy in a Male. Surg Lap & Endos 5(2):161-164, 1995.
- Worischeck JH, Mehan DJ, Parra RO: Transrectal Ultrasound Findings in Men with Hematospermia. J Urol 143:258A, #280, 1990.
- Worischeck JH, Kurtz ME, Parra RO: Evaluation of Digital Rectal Examination, Transrectal Ultrasound and Prostate Specific Antigen in the Diagnosis and Staging of Prostatic Carcinoma. J Urol 145:351A, #556, 1991.
- Mehan DJ, Hagood PG, Worischeck JH Andrus CH, Parra RO: Laparoscopic Varicocelectomy: Preliminary Report of a New Technique, Part I. J Urol 145:242A, #117, 1991.
- Worischeck JH, Mehan DJ, Parra RO: Transrectal Ultrasound Findings in the Evaluation of Men with Low Volume Azoospermia. J Urol 147:396A, #736, 1992.
Meetings and Presentations
- Worischeck JH, Mehan DJ, Parra RO: Transrectal Ultrasound Findings in Menb with Hematospermia. American Urological Association Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, May 13-17, 1990.
- Worischeck JH, Kurtz ME, Parra RO: Evaluation of Digital Rectal Examination, Transrectal Ultrasound and Prostate Specific Antigen in the Diagnosis and Staging of Prostatic Carcinoma. American Urological Association Annual Meeting, Toronto, Ontario, June 2-6, 1991.
- Worischeck JH, Mehan DJ, Parra RO: Transrectal Ultrasound in the Evaluation of Men with Low Volume Azoospermia. 70th Annual Meeting of the South Central Section of the American Urological Association, November 18, 1991.
- Worischeck JH, Mehan DJ, Parra RO: Transrectal Ultrasound in the Evaluation of Men with Low Volume Azoospermia. American Urological Association Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., May 13, 1992.